Accepting Applications until May 31, 2024.
In an effort to assist high school students passionate about horse riding and —we offer an incentive through our scholarship program.
The Surrey Equestrian Scholarship provides additional funding funds to supplement the costs of continuing the equestrian sport while attending at any US-institution (university, college or trade school). We offer a $500 scholarship for the top applicant.
Each applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Horse Riding Experience
- Has a cumulative high school grade-point-average (GPA) of 3.25 or better (on a scale of 4.0)
How to Apply
- ESSAY: You must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words on one of the topics below:
Vision: Describe your goals and action steps that you plan to take to continue horse riding while attending school.
Adversity: What challenges have you faced and how have you overcome them to pursue your dreams?
- VIDEO: Show us your talent! Send us a video of you riding a horse.
Send us cover letter, essay in word or PDF format and upload video to Youtube or video sharing platform of your choice and provide us with the password to view. Email us all materials at email@example.com.
Here is a helpful list of colleges with Equestrian Programs:
- Auburn University in Alabama
- Baylor University in Texas
- Brown University in Rhode Island
- California State University, Fresno
- College of Charleston in South Carolina
- Cornell University in New York
- Delaware State University
- University of Georgia
- Kansas State University
- New Mexico State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Sacred Heart University in Connecticut
- University of South Carolina
- South Dakota State University
- Southern Methodist University in Texas
- Stephen F. Austin University in Texas
- Texas Christian University
- University of Tennessee, Martin
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- University of Minnesota
- Pace University in New York
- Stonehill College in Massachusetts
- West Texas A&M